I like comments although I expect to get few. I’d like everyone to feel at home here reading the posts and the comments. My grandmothers had high expectations for everyone’s behaviour and while that level of small-town civility is tough to find I think we can set the bar somewhere they would have felt comfortable.
There’s the golden rule and then there’s the ‘internet rule’: don’t be a jerk. If we all stick to that we’re in a good place here.
If you want to be one of those people I stop and really listen to, here are some things I appreciate. Write something:
- that’s smart and informed
- original ( we all know the talking points )
- that adds to the story
- share the clever insights and wisdom and humour you have
- Don’t feed the trolls
Things that are totally not cool ( not an exhaustive list ):
- Racism, sexism, homophobia.
- Threats no matter how oblique just get deleted